A Student Visa is granted to the following persons :
- Individuals who wish to study in a university or school registered with the Mauritius Qualifications Authority (MQA)
- Students enrolled in an International University or Business School and looking to complete an internship program with a Mauritian company
- Students enrolled in an International University or Business School and participating in an exchange program.
A minimum of 45 days. Additional charges may apply should you wish to expedite the process.
VisaMauritius recommends the purchase of your airline ticket only upon issuance of the Student Visa. It is also highly recommended to take out travel health insurance for the duration of your stay in Mauritius. The insurance shall cover medical expenses, hospitalisation, medical repatriation, accidents or civil liability.
To be eligible for a Student Visa, you must meet the following requirements
- You must be enrolled part-time or full-time in a recognised international university or educational institution or be enrolled in a Mauritian school or university.
- In the case of an internship, you are required by law to have an Internship Agreement, which is an agreement between three parties: you, the company and the university where you are completing your degree.
- Either the interns or the sponsoring institution must be able to show that they have a minimum of 500 Euros per month to cater for all expenses connected to the internship .
- If you have any criminal records, your application will not be considered.
- You cannot be suffering from a communicable disease that presents a threat to the general public.
- Your internship cannot exceed a period of 180 days.
- You are required to submit original documents (except your passport) for each visa application.
- Only the relevant authorities can ultimately approve or not your visa request for a Student Residence Permit. VisaMauritius does not have the authority to approve your request and cannot be held responsible for the final decision taken by the authorities.
Upon arrival and departure
- You must carry a copy of your visa upon boarding for Mauritius and upon arrival in the country.
- It is mandatory for you to have a valid return ticket.
- You must carry all the information related to the individual and institution serving as your focal point of contact, as well as your proof and address of accommodation.
*All foreign travelers entering Mauritius are required to possess a passport valid for at least 6 months following your departure date from Mauritius. We strongly recommend that you have unused visa pages, allowing for necessary stamps upon arrival and departure. We also urge you to check if you require a separate transit visa for any connections on your way to Mauritius.
The fee for a Student Residence Permit is €280 ($300), applicable for a processing time of 45 days at the very least.
Should you wish to expedite the process and obtain your Residence Permit in less than 45 days, the applicable fee is €345 ($370).
The charges to arrange for collection of your original documents by DHL is at at flat rate of €50 ($54). Applicants are required to submit original documents when applying for their visa. Copies will not be accepted.